KNOX COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT
Knox County Hospital Named Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital in U.S.
The Knox County Hospital today announced it has been named to the 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital list by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. It is the second time in the last four years that the Knox County Hospital has been singled out for Top 100 recognition nationally. Only six Texas rural hospitals were selected for this prestigious award.
“This award is validation for the staff, nurses and doctors who have worked so hard to deliver outstanding health care to our rural community,” said Stephen Kuehler, CEO of the Knox County Hospital. “It is demonstrable proof from an impartial judge that our hospital is providing critically important high-quality care to Knox and the surrounding counties. I couldn’t be prouder of our team.”
This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020.
Innovative approach helps hospital survive & thrive
While the state of Texas continues to lead the nation in rural hospital closures, the Knox County Hospital was named as one of the 2017 Top Rural Hospitals in the United States. The hospital has greatly expanded services, including providing lab services for hospitals outside of Knox County. In addition to operating a 14-bed, non-profit, acute care facility serving the county and surrounding areas, the Knox County Hospital District operates two rural clinics, a pharmacy, nursing home and other ancillary services.
The District also owns and operates Knox County Retail Pharmacy, Munday Nursing Center, and Seymour Medical (DME). Whether your healthcare needs are urgent or chronic, we welcome you to experience compassionate and personalized care provided by people you know.
As your hometown healthcare team, the District offers many services designed to improve community health and wellness and include Inpatient, Swing Bed, Level IV Trauma Center, Laboratory, Radiology, Physical Therapy, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Speech Therapy, Knox County EMS, Home Health, and 2 Rural Health Clinics.
- Rural Hospital Closures (TORCH)
- After the Hospital Closes, How Do People Get Emergency Care?
- Hamlin Memorial Hospital closing inpatient care, ER at end of July
- State-by-state breakdown of 102 rural hospital closures
- Nearly a quarter of rural hospitals are on the brink of closure
- After Bitter Closure, Rural Texas Hospital Defies The Norm And Reopens
- Texas must address rural hospital closures
- Taking the pulse of Texas hospitals, revenue is up, but rural care is down
- ‘How Can You Do This to People?’
- Texas A&M report examines rural communities facing hospital closures
- When Rural Hospitals Close, More Than Health Care Is Lost
- Rural, For-Profit Hospitals Closing at an Alarming Rate